The global coronavirus pandemic has affected almost all sectors of the economy. This was reflected in the tourism sector, in particular in accommodation facilities.
However, in 2017-2020, the number of accommodation facilities in our country increased significantly. Here are the growth rates:
• At the end of 2017, 19,245 rooms and 38,234 beds were created in 753 accommodation facilities.
• By the end of 2018, 21,074 rooms and 42,594 beds were created in 894 accommodation facilities.
• At the end of 2019, 26 147 rooms and 54 799 beds were created in 1188 accommodation facilities.
• By the end of 2020, this figure was 29,218 rooms and 61,506 beds in 1308 accommodation facilities.
• In 2021, 22 accommodation facilities were launched.
• Note that by the end of 2021, it is planned to build more than 150 placement facilities in the regions of the country.
From 2019 to the present, 24,240,000,000 soums of subsidies have been allocated from the state budget for 606 rooms of 8 accommodation facilities with a category of 3 stars (***) throughout the country.
For reference: Pursuant to the Decree of President Shavkat Mirziyoyev dated May 28, 2020 No. 6002 “On urgent measures to support the tourism sector to reduce the negative impact of the coronavirus pandemic” and the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers dated October 6, 2020 No. “Infrastructure in the economic situation caused by the coronavirus pandemic”, various subsidies and benefits are allocated.